Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Point of No Return

When I started this blog, I wanted people to hold me accountable, which they did.  I received words of encouragement and support, and people asked me where I was in my training.  I enjoyed that support and rode the wave of friendship as I increased my distances and decreased my times.  However, after my accident, I did little exercise, as I was limited in what I could do, and found myself annoyed at my inability to train.  I guess I was a little depressed, as well.  However, I am back and am going to complete the marathon February 20.  It won't be a fast time, but I am OK with that.  During my ten mile run/walk last Sunday, I came to terms with the fact that I am angry about the accident, and how it set me back in my training.  I am disappointed that I will have a slow time on my run, and that I will likely walk much of it.  However, I am excited that I am still going to reach my goal of completing a marathon.  Actually, my goal is 2 marathons.  This year I run to say I did it, and next year I will run the Livestrong again, but then it will be for time.  I have reached the point of no return, and have set my mind on the task at hand.

Having said that, I once again need the help of my friends and supporters.  I need encouragement once again. remind me that a six hour run/ walk is not that bad.  And if you are able, consider supporting my run.  I am running to raise money for the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Austin Area, where I work.  There are 2 opportunities for you to support me in this endeavor.  The first is that you can sponsor me as I run.  To do this, click on this link:  http://bgcaustin.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=453053&lis=1&kntae453053=C5D2A5166A504627B624B53C78DA0AA2&supId=286365985&emaillogid=4193346122 .  My goal is to raise $10,000, and I am about half way there.  The second way to support me is by attending my Water 2 Wine Wine Tasting and Marathon Kick-off February 16, from 8:00 to 10:00 p.m.  You can go to https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=179796632059571 to get more information and to RSVP.  Maline has designed a special Boys & Girls Club label as part of the silent auction, and there will be many other great auction items and door prizes throughout the evening.

Thank you, again, for all who have been so supportive during my training.  I am anxious to post on February 21 to let you know how I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment