Monday, September 13, 2010

Damn You, Amanda!

I worked Saturday which meant no run.  I knew I needed to find time to run this week, especially since I will be in Lubbock next week with Danielle, so I decided I would run this morning.  However, I did not eat right last night (pork ribs were on sale for $2.99/ pound at HEB), so I ate fatty foods and no carbs.  However, on a brighter note, I posted on Twitter and Facebook that I would be running, and my friend Amanda decided to run with me.  Amanda is 26, thin and in good shape.  While she doesn't run regularly, she does do Yoga and the run was easy for her.  She ran faster then I am used to, and I was glad she was only running short of 2 miles with me!  Having said that, we did those 2 miles in 24 minutes, which was hands down my best 2 miles ever!

Once we parted company, I went on to Longhorn Dam and Amanda crossed IH 35.  I did not know what was wrong, but I knew I just did not feel right.  I pushed myself as hard as I could, but at about 7 miles I was unable to run anymore.  I ended up walking the 3 miles back to my car, feeling very bad about the day and the run.  I tried to convince myself that this was only my 3rd week at this distance and that I should expect to have bad days, but it did not help.  The more I thought about it, the longer my walk to the car seemed to take!

Once I got back to the house, I soaked in a hot tub, then worked on my new blog (http://revmjq.blogspot.com/).  I've decided to start blogging about my sermon writing as a way of getting ideas out as I think through the sermon preparation process.  Reading, reflecting and writing helped my mindset some, but I still feel like I should go run this evening and do the whole 10 miles.  However, I know that is not what would be best for my training, so I will wait for Wednesday for my next run, the first run I have with my marathon team.

So for now, enjoy the week and we will speak again!

No comments:

Post a Comment