Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fifteen Miles Yesterday!

Well, we hit another milestone yesterday.  Amanda and I started at Lamar and North Loop, ran down to the lake, across to IH35, back to the Pfluger Pedestrian bridge, then up Guadalupe and back to our starting point.  Total distance was right at 15 miles.  Last week I struggled to do 10, but I felt great after the run yesterday.  Still today I feel good, a little stiff, but good.

The goal at this time is not speed, but total workout time.  We will do 5 tomorrow morning, ten Friday and repeat the 15, 5, 10 next week.  Then we will move to a 17 mile run for 2 weeks, and hopefully hit 20 miles by mid-November.  That is when the serious training will begin.  Once we hit 20, our goal is to spend less time walking and to increase the speed of our runs.  My goal is to get to 9 minute miles, which I can do now, but cannot sustain, and to sustain that time throughout the race.

With this new milestone, I am feeling more and more ready for the race.  Unfortunately, the time running takes away from blogging time, which means that my writings seem to be fewer and farther between.  However, I will try to make the time to keep posting where I am, as I really appreciate all your support in my training.

Take time to check out my other blog, http://revmjq.blogspot.com/2010/10/musings-of-methodist-minister-luke-189.html, as well as the blogs of my running partner, http://amandastovall.blogspot.com/ and http://www.dishevelledstars.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment