Thursday, February 24, 2011

First Post-marathon Run/Walk

Well, I am trying to get back on the trail.  This morning Maline and I went for a walk/ run around our neighborhood and park.  I am still sore in my right hip and left calf, but feeling much, much better.  I will likely work out with the kids this afternoon, and have food run tomorrow, which is a good workout.  Saturday I am leading a workshop on Games with a Purpose, and Sunday will be my first real run since the marathon.

On a side note, with the help of my neighbor, I was able to get my motorcycle going again.  I rode to work this morning in a lite mist.  I need to replace the rear brake pedal, as it is not very comfortable where it is now, as well as both mirrors.  The tank is dented, so I am half looking for a used tank to swap out.  It was good to be back on the bike, though it was a challenge for my left elbow, the one I broke in the accident.  It has not completely healed, and may not ever.  Oh, well, it is a great battle scar, right?

Pictures from the marathon are on-line now. There are 2 that I really like.  First is a picture of me with Maline immediately after the race.  It looks like we have our arms around each other, but the truth is that she was holding me upright!  The other is a picture of me running with the Capital behind me (this was approaching the finish line).  I love skylines and city landmarks, so this is one that I really enjoy.  You can see the pictures at http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_event_video.asp?EVENTID=75398&BIB=4387&S=230&PWD=, as well as a video of me crossing the finish line.

Best wishes,

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment